Heaven’s Own Hot Chocolate Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Sweet, moist, chocolaty ... I could go on and on about this cake. I enjoyed it warm right out of the oven. A chocolate lovers dream dessert! The Test Kitchen
- 1 box
- chocolate cake mix (we prefer dark chocolate fudge)
- 3-1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3/4 c
- dark chocolate cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- butter (1-1/2 stick)
- 1-1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract (preferably real vanilla)
How to Make Heaven’s Own Hot Chocolate Cake
- 1Bake one chocolate fudge cake mix, as directed on box, in a 9” X 12” pan. When done, cut into squares and pour Hot Chocolate Syrup over cake evenly.
- 2Hot Chocolate Syrup Directions:
Bring all ingredients except vanilla to a full rolling boil that you cannot stir down, and then boil for 1 full minute, stirring constantly. Be careful not to overcook or this mixture will crystallize. Carefully add vanilla extract and then carefully and slowly pour over baked cake that has already cut into serving squares with trying to evenly cover.
- 3Servings: Depending on your cut, you can get either 12 servings (4 cuts horizontally and 4 cuts vertically, or 20 smaller servers (5 cuts horizontally and 4 cuts vertically).
- 4You can refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve warm with ice cream or a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired. Please refrigerate any leftovers and store covered.