Hawaiian Coconut Poke Cake
1 boxfrench vanilla cake mix
1/3 cvegetable oil
2 smallpackages coconut instant pudding
can(s)20 0z crushed pineapple; juice saved
4 chalf and half
1 pkg16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 pkg7 oz shredded coconut shredded and sweetened
·optional 1/2 cup macadamia nuts toasted and rough chopped
How to Make Hawaiian Coconut Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juice, and set aside. Pour reserved pineapple juice into measuring cup, then fill with water to 1 cup
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, using reserved pineapple water mixture.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes.
- In seperate bowl, whip pudding with half and half until just thickened.
- Remove cake from oven and with handle of wooden spoon, poke holes over cake. Pour half of pudding mixture over warm cake. Add reserved pineapple to remaining pudding mixture and stir, then pour over top of cake.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.
- If using, place macadamia nuts on a baking sheet and toast in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Rough chop when cooled and set aside.
- For frosting stir thawed whipped frosting until smooth. Frost cake. and sprinkle with coconut and nuts if using. Chill until ready to eat.