grilled angel food cake with strawberries
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and each cut in half or into quarters if large
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- one store bought pound cake, cut into slices
How to Make grilled angel food cake with strawberries
- 1In a medium bowl, toss together strawberries with balsamic vinegar and sugar. Let stand at room temperature until sugar dissolves, at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile preheat outdoor grill to medium or use indoor grill pan
- 3Meanwhile preheat outdoor grill to medium or use indoor grill pan
place cake on hot grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted on both sides, turning over once. Spoon strawberries with their juice onto dessert plates. Place wedges of grilled cake onto plate with strawberries. Serve with whipped cream if desired. 155 calories per serving, makes six servings.