Greg's Pound Cake with Butter Sauce
How to Make Greg's Pound Cake with Butter Sauce
- 1Take a box of your favorite yellow cake mix and pour into the mixer.
- 2Add 4 eggs, 1cup oil, 8 ounces of sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tbs. of extract. You can use almond, lemon, vanilla, or your favorite etc. When I use vanilla, I always use double strength real vanilla.
- 3Blend on low speed and then scrape the bowl really well.
- 4Beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- 5Prepare a 8 inch bundt cake pan with pan spray or shortening and flour, and pour batter in.
- 6Bake cake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, or a knife inserted comes out clean.
- 7While cake is baking, make the butter sauce. Add 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter (I use unsalted), 3tbs. of water, and 2 tsp. vanilla to a saucepan. Stir and heat mixture on medium heat until sugar is dissolved, but do not boil.
- 8When cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in it (I use a wooden spoon). Make lots of holes. Slowly pour butter sauce over cake and let it soak into the cake. You may garnish individual pieces with whipped cream.