Green Tea Cheesecake
Geoffry Le Cher
- shortbread cookies
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz
- neufchâtel cheese
- 1 c
- 4 large
- 5 tsp
- finely ground green tea from about 10 tea bags
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1 pt
- fresh raspberries
- 1/2 c
- 2 oz
- ‘chambord’ raspberry liqueur
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 oz
- 1 oz
- lemon juice
How to Make Green Tea Cheesecake
- 1For cake:
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 3In a food processor, chop cookies to a fine texture and add butter. Process until mixture is mealy and the butter is incorporated.
- 4Press cookie crumbs firmly onto bottom (not sides) of 8-inch-diameter springform pan.
- 5Place pan in oven and ‘blind bake’ for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 6Reduce oven to 325°F.
- 7Wrap outside of pan tightly with several layers of heavy-duty foil.
- 8Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheeses, food coloring and sugar until smooth.
- 9Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition.
- 10Beat in green tea until smooth. Pour batter over prepared crust in pan. Place cake in roasting pan; add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of spring-form pan.
- 11Bake cake until set but center moves very slightly when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour. Remove cake from roasting pan; cool 1 hour at room temperature.
- 12Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- 13For Sauce:
- 14Mix cornstarch and water and create slurry.
Place raspberries, Chambord and sugar in a small saucepan, over medium heat, stirring constantly, cooking until berries burst.
- 15Slowly add slurry, stirring constantly, as mixture thickens to a paste consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 16Add vodka and lemon juice and stir until the consistency of warm honey. Add additional Chambord as necessary.
- 18Cut around pan sides to loosen cake; remove sides.
Cut cake into wedges.
Spoon syrup onto plate and set cake wedge onto plate.
Garnish cake with some blackberries, raspberries and mint.