Green Tea Cheesecake
Geoffry Le Cher
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
4 ozneufchâtel cheese
5 tspfinely ground green tea from about 10 tea bags
·green food coloring (optional)
1 ptfresh raspberries
2 oz‘chambord’ raspberry liqueur
1 Tbspcorn starch
1 1/2 ozvodka
1 ozlemon juice
How to Make Green Tea Cheesecake
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, chop cookies to a fine texture and add butter. Process until mixture is mealy and the butter is incorporated.
- Press cookie crumbs firmly onto bottom (not sides) of 8-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Place pan in oven and ‘blind bake’ for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven to 325°F.
- Wrap outside of pan tightly with several layers of heavy-duty foil.
- Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheeses, food coloring and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition.
- Beat in green tea until smooth. Pour batter over prepared crust in pan. Place cake in roasting pan; add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of spring-form pan.
- Bake cake until set but center moves very slightly when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour. Remove cake from roasting pan; cool 1 hour at room temperature.
- Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- For Sauce:
- Mix cornstarch and water and create slurry.
Place raspberries, Chambord and sugar in a small saucepan, over medium heat, stirring constantly, cooking until berries burst.
- Slowly add slurry, stirring constantly, as mixture thickens to a paste consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add vodka and lemon juice and stir until the consistency of warm honey. Add additional Chambord as necessary.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen cake; remove sides.
Cut cake into wedges.
Spoon syrup onto plate and set cake wedge onto plate.
Garnish cake with some blackberries, raspberries and mint.