Great Grandma's Apple Cake
Katie & Miki (mother & daughter) Dingle
When I first started to make it I would add cranberries and pears....very good.
It still gets made in my house each Christmas or Thanksgiving to remember my grandmother and to share it with my children.
APPLE MIX INGREDIENTS
4 capples, peeled and sliced as for pie
2 cwhite sugar
1/2 ccooking oil
1 cwalnuts or other favorite (optional)
2eggs, well beaten
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspground cinnamon
2 call-purpose flour (i always use wheat)
How to Make Great Grandma's Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour one 9x13 inch cake pan
- In one large bowl, stir apples and sugar together until apples are evenly coated
- When well mixed, stir in oil, eggs and vanilla
- In another bowl: sift together all dry ingredients
- Slowly turn dray into apply mixture and combine well
- Add to baking pan and spread mixture evenly
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until cake tests done with an inserted toothpick coming out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve with a dusting of confections sugar, whip cream or ice cream. Me I like it plain :)