Grasshopper Poke Cake
Hope you enjoy it.
- chocolate cake mix + water, oil, eggs as listed on the box
- 1 can(s)
- 14.5 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar(s)
- 12.8 oz. hershey's special hot fudge sauce
- 10 oz
- pkg. keebler fudge mint cookies (or thin mints)
- 16 oz
- cool whip
- duncan hines mint flavor packet
- 1 c
- andes mint chips
How to Make Grasshopper Poke Cake
- 1Prepare and bake the cake mix in a 9x13-in. baking dish. Allow to cool completely.
- 2Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly across the entire cake (about 20 holes). Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, trying to fill the holes.
- 3Heat the hot fudge sauce in a small bowl in the microwave. 30-40 seconds should do the trick, you just want to soften a little.
- 4Crumble half of the fudge mint cookies into the hot fudge sauce and mix. Spread the cookie/fudge sauce over the cake. (I just crumbled the cookies across the cake and poured the hot fudge over the top.)
- 5In a large bowl, whisk together the mint packet and the cool whip. spread the whipped topping over the fudge layer.
- 6Crumble the remaining cookies over the top of the cool whip. Sprinkle the Andes Mint chips over top.
- 7Refrigerate and chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- 8Cut and serve.
- 9NOTE: If you are like me, I had no idea what a Duncan Hines flavor packet was. I found that Duncan Hines makes several different flavor packets and I found them in the baking aisle near the cake mixes.