Grasshopper Poke Cake
Hope you enjoy it.
1chocolate cake mix + water, oil, eggs as listed on the box
1 can(s)14.5 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 jar(s)12.8 oz. hershey's special hot fudge sauce
10 ozpkg. keebler fudge mint cookies (or thin mints)
16 ozcool whip
1duncan hines mint flavor packet
1 candes mint chips
How to Make Grasshopper Poke Cake
- Prepare and bake the cake mix in a 9x13-in. baking dish. Allow to cool completely.
- Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly across the entire cake (about 20 holes). Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, trying to fill the holes.
- Heat the hot fudge sauce in a small bowl in the microwave. 30-40 seconds should do the trick, you just want to soften a little.
- Crumble half of the fudge mint cookies into the hot fudge sauce and mix. Spread the cookie/fudge sauce over the cake. (I just crumbled the cookies across the cake and poured the hot fudge over the top.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mint packet and the cool whip. spread the whipped topping over the fudge layer.
- Crumble the remaining cookies over the top of the cool whip. Sprinkle the Andes Mint chips over top.
- Refrigerate and chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Cut and serve.
- NOTE: If you are like me, I had no idea what a Duncan Hines flavor packet was. I found that Duncan Hines makes several different flavor packets and I found them in the baking aisle near the cake mixes.