Make sure you use Mint extract, not peppermint Extract. Mint extract is a combination of peppermint and spearmint oils.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- white cake mix
- 2 1/2 tsp
- mint extract ( not peppermint) divided use
- green food coloring
- 1 jar(s)
- 16 oz hot fudge topping
- 8 oz container of cool whip, thawed
- creme de menthe chocolate candies chopped
How to Make Grasshopper Cake
- 1Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Make cake mix per directions on the back of the box. (Ingredients ask for egg whites, oil and water). Add in 2 tsp of mint extract and food coloring.
If you want really green add 50 drops of color. Or you can use food coloring paste just add your desired color.
- 3Pour batter into baking dish and bake as directed for time listed on the back of cake mix box. Oncethe cake is done, allow the cake to cool ccompletely.
- 4Spread hot fudge sauce on cooled cake. ( If the hot fudge sauce is too hard to spread at room temperature, put it in the mircowave with lid removed for about 15 to 20 seconds. Stir with spoon until you get a spreadable consistency. Make sure it's not too hot and liquidity. Make sure your fudge layer is completely cool before adding whipped topping).