Granny's French lemon yogurt cake
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- grated lemon zest from 1 med. lemon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
How to Make Granny's French lemon yogurt cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Spray a 8 inch round cake pan with baking spray
- 3In a large bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, eggs, stirring until well blended.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest and mix to just combine.
- 5Add the oil, and stir well. Don't worry at first it will seem to separate, but keep stirring till smooth.
- 6Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 30-40 mins until cake feels springy to the touch, and be careful to not overbake!
- 8Cool cake on wire rack for 10 mins. Then turn out of pan onto the rack.
- 9Glaze: Combine the lemon juice, powdered sugar in a small bowl and stir until smooth. With a pastry brush, gently pat the glaze all over the cake till the glaze is gone.
- 10Allow the cake to cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar(optional).