Granny's French lemon yogurt cake
·1/2 cup plain yogurt or greek yogurt
·1 cup granulated sugar
·3 large eggs
·1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
·2 tsp. baking powder
·1/2 tsp. salt
·grated lemon zest from 1 med. lemon
·1/2 cup canola oil
·1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
·3/4 cup powdered sugar
How to Make Granny's French lemon yogurt cake
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 8 inch round cake pan with baking spray
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, eggs, stirring until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest and mix to just combine.
- Add the oil, and stir well. Don't worry at first it will seem to separate, but keep stirring till smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until cake feels springy to the touch, and be careful to not overbake!
- Cool cake on wire rack for 10 mins. Then turn out of pan onto the rack.
- Glaze: Combine the lemon juice, powdered sugar in a small bowl and stir until smooth. With a pastry brush, gently pat the glaze all over the cake till the glaze is gone.
- Allow the cake to cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar(optional).