★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 3/4 cwhite sugar
1/3 chot water
3 csifted cake flour
3 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Burnt Sugar cake 2
- Prepare burnt sugar by placing 1/2 cup white sugar into a heavy skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon as sugar melts. when it becomes very dark brown, remove from heat,add hot water very slowly and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 9 inch round baking pans with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together three times.
- Cream the butter with the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time,beating thoroughly after each. Stir in the vanilla and the burnt sugar syrup mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternately to the creamed mixture. Beat until smooth. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees(175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.