GRANDMA'S SOUTHERN POUND CAKE...Cin
Kid's love it too. Enjoy!!!
3 ccake flour (or all purpose); sifted twice
3 csplenda or stevia (or sugar)
6eggs (adding one at a time)
3/4 tsppure vanilla
2 1/2 stickof butter
3/4 tsplemon extract
1 tspbaking powder
1 ccarnation evaporated milk
·small jar of *sugar-free raspberry jam (size depends on how much glaze you want)
·fresh raspberries to garnish
How to Make GRANDMA'S SOUTHERN POUND CAKE...Cin
- Preheat oven to 350 dF.
Prepare pan by generously spraying with Bakers Joy non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds to blend.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar. Beat in each egg one at a time until smooth.
- Add the lemon and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg-sugar, lemon and vanilla mixture.
- Pour into prepared fluted tube (bundt) pan, loaf pan or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 dF for one hour (being sure you do not open oven door to look at cake until one hour has gone by).
- Test cake with a toothpick in center for doneness (toothpick should come out clean).
- When cake is done..cool on wire rack for a bit then turn out onto cake plate.
- While cake is cooling heat Raspberry Jam and pour over cake after it's removed from pan an on the cake plate.
Then decorate with fresh Raspberries on top and around cake dish.
- *NOTE: If you are using sugar in the cake you will probably want to use regular Jam for your glaze instead of sugar-free. This is your choice.
I also use a Jam called Fifty-50 sometimes.
OR you can just dust with powdered sugar if you prefer it that way...however you make it, Enjoy!!!