GRANDMA'S SOUTHERN POUND CAKE...Cin
Kid's love it too. Enjoy!!!
- 3 c
- cake flour (or all purpose); sifted twice
- 3 c
- splenda or stevia (or sugar)
- eggs (adding one at a time)
- 3/4 tsp
- pure vanilla
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 stick
- of butter
- 3/4 tsp
- lemon extract
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- carnation evaporated milk
- small jar of *sugar-free raspberry jam (size depends on how much glaze you want)
- fresh raspberries to garnish
How to Make GRANDMA'S SOUTHERN POUND CAKE...Cin
- 1Preheat oven to 350 dF.
Prepare pan by generously spraying with Bakers Joy non stick spray.
- 2In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds to blend.
- 3In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar. Beat in each egg one at a time until smooth.
- 4Add the lemon and vanilla.
- 5Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg-sugar, lemon and vanilla mixture.
- 6Pour into prepared fluted tube (bundt) pan, loaf pan or tube pan.
- 7Bake at 350 dF for one hour (being sure you do not open oven door to look at cake until one hour has gone by).
- 8Test cake with a toothpick in center for doneness (toothpick should come out clean).
- 9When cake is done..cool on wire rack for a bit then turn out onto cake plate.
- 10While cake is cooling heat Raspberry Jam and pour over cake after it's removed from pan an on the cake plate.
Then decorate with fresh Raspberries on top and around cake dish.
- 11*NOTE: If you are using sugar in the cake you will probably want to use regular Jam for your glaze instead of sugar-free. This is your choice.
I also use a Jam called Fifty-50 sometimes.
OR you can just dust with powdered sugar if you prefer it that way...however you make it, Enjoy!!!