Grandma's Pound Cake
How to Make Grandma's Pound Cake
- 1cream the butter and the granulated sugar w an electric mixer or by hand until the color resembles a fluffy lemon. The butter should be at room temperature
- 2Add one egg at a time and beat until the egg is well incorporated. This is important as the eggs aide in the leavening of this cake. *That is why they need to be at room temperature. If you forget to bring them to room temperature, then place them in hot water for about 10 minutes. ONLY ADD 4 EGGS AT THIS TIME. RESERVE TWO EGGS.
- 3Add the flour and salt to a separate bowl. Whisk the flour to incorporate the salt. No need to sift. In two additions, add the flour mixture to make sure it is incorporated well.
- 4Add the last two eggs one at a time and beat well until they are well incorporated. Add the vanilla.
- 5Grease and flour a standard size bread pan. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Then put all of the batter into the pan. Carefully, drop the pan on the counter to get any air bubbles out. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Cool the cake in the pan for an hour. Then carefully remove it from the pan. *Serve as is, which is great. However, you can serve it with sugared berries and whipped cream.