Grandma's Fresh Coconut Cake and Icing
***untried recipe by me***
Posted just in case someone was wanting a challenge and give this recipe a try... :)
CAKE INGREDIENTS :
1 2/3 ccake flour
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 ccoconut milk, unsweetened
1/4 csweet milk
3unbeaten egg whites
1 tspvanilla extract
FRESH COCONUT ICING INGREDIENTS :
4 Tbspcold water
2 ptwhipping cream
·grated fresh coconut
How to Make Grandma's Fresh Coconut Cake and Icing
- FOR THE CAKE :
- Sift into large bowl the cake flour , sugar , salt and baking powder ; Add shortening.
- Mix coconut milk ans sweet milk together ; Add 1/2 of milk mixture to dry mixture ; Beat on low speed foe 2 minutes ; scrapping sides of the bowl.
- Add the remaining liquid , unbeaten egg whites and extract ; beat 2 minutes longer , scraping sides of the bowl.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured 8" tins.
- Bake @ 350° for 25 minutes , turn onto cooling racks.
- FOR THE COCONUT ICING :
- Soak gelatin in cold water and dissolve over Hot water ; cool.
- Beat whipping cream until its stiff ; beat in vanilla and sugar.
- Add to cooled gelatin ALL AT ONCE ; Beat until cream stands in peaks.
- Spread on top of one cake and place second cake on top of icing. Spread on sides and top of cake ; sprinkle with grated fresh coconut.