Grandma Schultz' Apple Kuchen
·1 1/4 c flour
·1/2 t salt
·1 t baking powder
·1/4 c sugar
·1/2 c butter, sliced in small squares right from the frig
·the yolks of 2 eggs
·2 1/2 t milk
·1 teaspoon vanilla
·4-5 macintosh apples, peeled, and sliced
TOPPING OR STREUSEL
·3 t flour
·3/4 c sugar
·3/4 t cinnamon
·2 to 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
How to Make Grandma Schultz' Apple Kuchen
- With clean hands mix together flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and butter in a large bowl
- In a seperate smaller bowl beat egg yolks and add vanilla and milk and mix well
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir just till blended together
- Spray a glass baking pan with non stick spray and then press dough into bottom of this. (the larger the pan the thinner the crust)
- Place apple slices on the dough in the pan. Scatter them about so that you get apples in every bite.
- Mix together the topping ingredients in yet another bowl and combine with your hands until crumbly
- Sprinkle this over the apples and the crust in the baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven (325 degrees) for 40 to 50 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!