☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- egg, beaten
- 2/3 c
- light cream
- butter, softened
- 4 c
- peaches, sliced and sugared
How to Make Grandma Peach Shortcake
- 1Sift together dry ingredients; cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs.
- 2Combine egg and cream; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring only to moisten.
- 3Turn dough out on floured surface; knead gently 1/2 minute.
- 4Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch. Cut 6 biscuits with floured 2 1/2-inch round or fluted cutter.
- 5Bake on ungreased baking sheet in very hot oven (450) about 10 minutes.
- 6Split shortcakes; butter bottom layers.
- 7Fill and top with peaches and whipped cream - Serve warm.