☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspbaking powder
2/3 clight cream
4 cpeaches, sliced and sugared
How to Make Grandma Peach Shortcake
- Sift together dry ingredients; cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and cream; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring only to moisten.
- Turn dough out on floured surface; knead gently 1/2 minute.
- Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch. Cut 6 biscuits with floured 2 1/2-inch round or fluted cutter.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet in very hot oven (450) about 10 minutes.
- Split shortcakes; butter bottom layers.
- Fill and top with peaches and whipped cream - Serve warm.