Grandma Overgaard's Pistachio Cake
My grandparents stayed with my brother and I when my parents went to Hawaii for vacation in 1972. So I was about 10-11 yrs old.
There is nothing more comforting to me as a child than cooking in the kitchen with Grandma, as she was an excellent cook hands down!
So, This recipe has been in our family for over 40+ years.
I served this last night at a big family dinner and as you can see, only a couple slices left, I had to fight them off to save enough for the photo shot!! :)
Hope you love it as much as my family does!
- white or yellow box cake mix
- boxes instant pistachio pudding
- egg whites (no yolks)
- 1-1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- vegetable/canola oil
How to Make Grandma Overgaard's Pistachio Cake
- 1Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Spray an Angel Food Cake pan(grandma's choice)or a Bundt Pan(my choice) and dust with some flour.
- 2Mix all ingredients well and pour into pan. Bake until done, about 35-40 min.Let cool. Turn on to cake pedestal.
- 3Mix Powder Sugar with either water or milk(your preference) and use a spoon to pour glaze over cake.
*Alternate: Dust with Powder Sugar, and a dab of whipped cream.
- 4This cake is very dense and unbelievably moist. This is an excellent cake for a Tea Party! or when you are just having guests over for Cake and Coffee!