Grandma Herold's Cherry Cheesecake
- 1 pkg
- yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c
- soft butter
- large eggs
- 3/4 c
- 2 tsp
- 2 pkg
- softened cream cheese (8 oz)
- 2 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- cherry or strawberry pie filling
How to Make Grandma Herold's Cherry Cheesecake
- 1Beat dry cake mix, 1/3 cup butter and 1 egg in large bowl at low speed until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13 X 9 inch pan.
- 2Beat remaining 2 eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp. vanilla, and 2 cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Spread over crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until set.
- 3Mix sour cream, 1/4 c. sugar, and 1 t. vanilla together and spread over cream cheese. Cool.
- 4Spread pie filling over sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hrs.