- 1 box yellow cake mix, any brand prepared as directed and use a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- for the carmel pudding: 2 cups packed brown sugar, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine & 1 teaspoon vanilla.
How to Make Grandma Cecil's Carmel Pudding cake
- 1Pour cake batter in the greased pan.
- 2In a medium sized pan bring to boil for 2 minutes the brown sugar, water, butter & vanilla. Don't walk away as it comes to a boil fairly quickly.
- 3Pour the boiled mixture over the cake batter.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes, or when you insert a toothpick and comes out clean.