★★★★★ 1 vote5
·pre-heat oven 350. round cake pans sprayed with pam
·1 box of yellow cake mix ur preffrence.
·3 boxes instant vanilla puding. 2 boxes bakers chocolate.
·1 tub cool whip
·1/2 stick butter and a little heavy cream or half and half
How to Make grace's version of boston cream pie
- make cake according to directions and add 1 box of the instant vanilla pudding to the batter. place in pre-heated oven. should yield 2 round cakes. batter should not be thin.
- cake is done when tooth pick comes out clean. take cakes out of pans when cool and place on wire rack in fridge.
- while cake is in fridge cooling. make the 2 boxes of pudding and fold in 2/3 of cool whip. set aside in fridge.
- now that cakes r cool take out and take electric knife and slice evenly threw each round cake and set aside.
- in microwave bowl melt chocolate and stir don't let it break or burn its no good and u have to start over. or do in double boiler. add a little butter and a little cream and keep stirring while u add these things. should be enough to top 2 cakes.
- take off stove. take 2 bottoms of cakes and spread cool whip/pudding mixture on the bottom cakes and top with the 2 that r left. u will end up with 2 cakes
- now that the choclate is cool pour gently over tops of cakes its ok if it drips a little down the sides it home made!!!
- take spatula and spread to a nice smooth top finish place in fridge to cool
- take out when ready to serve and enjoy ur boston cream pie[my version of it lol]