Grace Neill's Chocolate and Guinness Brownies
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 csuperfine sugar or granulated sugar
8 ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 ozwhite chocolate, chopped
6 Tbspunsalted butter
3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 ccocoa powder
1 1/4 cguinness stout
·confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to Make Grace Neill's Chocolate and Guinness Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 11-by-7-inch rectangular pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until they are light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and beat it into the egg mixture.
- In a bowl or on a sheet of parchment or wax paper, sift together the flour and cocoa powder and beat them into the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk in the Guinness.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- To serve, dust the cake with confectioners' sugar and cut into squares.
- 330 calories (63% from fat),23 grams fat (13 gram sat. fat), 30 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams protein, 43 mg sodium, 107 mg cholesterol, 38 mg calcium, 4 grams fiber.