★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 c
- 1 c
- cocoa powder
- 3 stick
- 3 c
- 41/2 c
- 41/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 3 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
How to Make Grabdma's Chocolate Cake
- 1In a 2 quart sauce pan add water and cocoa powder, whisk together and bring to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat.
- 2Add the sugar and margarine, let sit until margarine is melted then stir together and let cool
- 3Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl place the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk these ingredients together. Then add the cooled chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla mix all ingredients together well either with a hand mixer or with a whisk.
- 4This recipe make 3 dozen cupcakes or 3 9 inch cakes. Cakes cook at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (longer if making a thicker cake). Cupcakes cook for 25 minutes. Check to see that a tooth pick comes out clean.
- 5Lets cake cool in pan before removing it, it make removing it easier spray and line pan. Cupcakes need to sit in pans for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. I use a basic white frosting on this cake.