GooGoo Cluster Cake
The cake is a weight watcher cake but this is by no means a diet cake. I just love the dense texture and richness of this cake so I am using the recipe.
This will be a great potluck cake that everyone will love. A rich dessert that will have everyone licking there fork.
If you add the marshmallows before the cake is almost done they will sink to the bottom so be sure to wait to add them just before the cake is almost done. You will be glad you did.
How to Make GooGoo Cluster Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan.
- Mix together the pumpkin water and cake mix.
- Using a knife draw lines on the cake to make 16 pieces in each square place a rolo.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Pull cake out and sprinkle the marshmallows generously all over the top of the cake, then sprinkle the nuts over the marshmallows and return the cake to the oven for about 10 more minutes. This cake takes longer than usual to bake so check the cake for doneness before adding the marshmallows and nuts. The cake must have a nice firm top.
- Once the marshmallows have melted you will see the nuts are incorporated in the marshmallow.
- Let cake completely cool.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler watching and stirring constantly. Add milk to thin out the chocolate just a bit.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cooled cake and refrigerate till the topping has become firm. Enjoy!