Gooey Butter Coffee cake
- 1 -17 oz. pound cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 8 oz.pkg. of cream cheese ( room tempurature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1 lb. box of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
How to Make Gooey Butter Coffee cake
- 1Combine cake mix, melted butter and 2 eggs until well blended. Beat one minute. Spread in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- 2Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in remaining 2 eggs and vanilla. Measure from box and set aside 1/2 cup powdered sugar; beat remaining sugar into cream cheese mixture. Pour evenly and gently over cake batter. ( I used a rubber spatula to do this) Sprinkle with nuts.
- 3Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 40 - 45 minutes until cake is golden brown on top.
- 4Cool several hours . Sprinkle with some of the remaining powdered sugar. Cut and serve after completely cooled.