Gooey Butter Cake
How to Make Gooey Butter Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9x13 cake pan.
- 2Mix the 1 egg, 1 stick of butter or margarine together. Add cake mix, and mix all together.
You can use any flavor of cake mix you want to. We use Chocolate, German Chocolate, Yellow, White, Pineapple, Orange, Lemon, Strawberry, Banana, Butter Pecan or Spice when making a Pumpkin gooey butter cake. Just experiment and have fun, come up with your own different gooey butter cake.
- 3Press the cake mixture into a greased and floured 9x13 cake pan.
- 4Mix together 2 eggs, 1 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese(you can use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese of you want). Add the 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix all together.
You can also add 1 cup of coconut to this when using White , Yellow , Chocolate, German Chocolate or Pineapple cake mix. You can also add one small can of pumpkin along with your favorite spices you would use in pumpkin pie, to the cream cheese mixture above, to have a wonderful Pumpkin gooey butter cake.
- 5Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake mixture.
You can also sprinkle chocolate chips along with Almonds, pecans or peanuts on top of this when using White, Yellow, Chocolate or German chocolate cake mix.
- 6Put in the oven for 38-40 minutes or until the middle is set.
- 7Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the hot cake. Let cake cool to room temp.