Good Low Fat Cheesecake
This recipe was from my Mom's collection, back when she was closely watching her dieting for health reasons.
- 3/4 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- trans-fat free vegetable oil spread, melted
- 3 pkg
- (8-ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- sugar (you may substitute up to 1/2 with truvia or stevia)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 pt
- fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 large
- 2 large
- egg whites
- fresh fruit for topping, optional
How to Make Good Low Fat Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In 9 inch springform pan, stir crumbs with spread until moistened. With hand, firmly press mixture onto bottom of pan. Bake crust 15 minutes or until deep golden. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Slowly beat sugar mixture into cream cheese.
On low speed, beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, mixing until blended. Pour batter over crust in pan.
- 3Bake cheesecake 1 hour. Edge will be set, but center will still jiggle.
Turn oven off. Let cheesecake remain, undisturbed, in oven for 1 hour.
Then transfer to wire rack. Run thin knife around edge of cheesecake to prevent cracking during cooling. Cool in pan, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan to serve.
OPTIONAL: You may top with fresh fruit if desired. I like to use strawberries.
- 416 servings
Approximate nuitrition values, per serving, without fruit topping: Calories 255, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 59mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g, Dietary Fiber 0, Protein 8g