2 ccake flour
3 tspbaking powder
1 1/4 csugar
1 tspvanilla extract
·baked on topping as follows
1 cbrown sugar
3/4 cpecans, chopped
How to Make Gone With The Wind Cake
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift and measure flour.
- Add baking powder, salt, sugar, and sift again into large mixer bowl.
- Add shortening, milk, and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes.
- Add unbeaten eggs, and beat 1 minute more.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13" pan.
- BAKED ON TOPPING.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually add brown sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Spread over the top of the cake batter, sprinkle with nute and bake for 35 minutes.