Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Old Fashioned Prune Cake
1/2 csugar(i used sucanat)
1 coil(i used light olive oil-could also use melted butter)
1 tspvanilla extract
1 coat flour(easily make your own by grinding oats in blender or food processor)
1/2 cbrown rice flour(or favorite gf flour)
1 tspbaking soda
1 csoured non-dairy milk-i used almond milk(could also use buttermilk)**
How to Make Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Old Fashioned Prune Cake
- Preheat oven to 300F(yes, that low). Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place the prunes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft...about 8 min. Drain the water and mash the prunes. You can just mash them up with a fork, or you can puree them, as I did. Set aside.
- Thoroughly combine the honey, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry, along with the buttermilk and stir just enough to combine.(don't overmix)
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 min. Watch carefully toward the end so as to not overbake.
- Top with your choice of glaze, powdered sugar, or sweetened whipped cream.
- **To make soured milk, put 1T of lemon juice or vinegar in a measuring cup and add your non-dairy milk to the 1c line.