GLUTEN FREE Chocolate Black Forest Cupcakes
If you want, you can bake them a day ahead, and refrigerate them until serving time. Just chill your Cherry Pie Filling at the same time. To serve, top them with cherry pie filling and whipped cream. (I suggest leaving them in their cupcake wrapper, so they will stand up pretty!)
1 pkggluten free chocolate cake mix (in a 2 layer size)
·(duncan hines, betty crocker or pamela's gluten free)
1 pkg8 oz philadelphia cream cheese
1 can(s)20 oz comstock brand cherry pie filling (it is gluten free)
1 can(s)ready whip (real whipped cream)
How to Make GLUTEN FREE Chocolate Black Forest Cupcakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350deg F.
- Place can of Cherry Pie Filling in refrigerator.
- Line 1 cupcake pan (for 12 cakes) with 12 paper cupcake liners, (or use 2 6-cupcake pans).
- Prepare chocolate cake batter as directed on the package; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
- Spoon 2 tbsp chocolate cake batter into each paper cupcake wrapper.
- Top each with 1 Tbsp Cream Cheese Mixture.
- Divide the remaining cake batter among the 12 cupcakes, on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely (or refrigerate for use next day).
- Before serving, top cupcakes with chilled cherry pie filling and top cherries with whipped cream.
- Enjoy this GLUTEN FREE dessert!!