Gluten Free Banana Bread
HIGH ALTITUDE VARIATIONS:
I live at 5,000 ft.so raised the temperature 15 degrees, cut back A little on the sugar and baking powder. Other then that I did everything the same.
NOTE: This flour mix is more delicate than using whole wheat. Test it at about 5 minutes before it's done with a scewer to see if it's cooked. If not test it 5 minutes later and so on.
1/3 ccanola oil
2/3 cbrown sugar, packed
1 tspvanilla extract
1 3/4 cbob's red mill gf baking flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/4 tspcinnamon
1 tspxanthan gum
1 1/2 cmashed bananas (3-4)
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 ccurrants or raisins
How to Make Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350'F.
At high altitude I put my oven to 365'F.
- Grease a 9x5" non-stick loaf pan, or 3 smaller 5x3" non-stick loaf pans.I also put a piece of parchment in the bottom of the loaf pan and oiled it lightly.
- Cream together the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour mix, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum and salt. I used a metal whisk to mix this. It works good.
- Mash the bananas and add them alternately with the flour mix into the creamed mixture in the bowl of the stand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the nuts and dried fruit.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan(s) and bake for one hour in the large loaf pan and 45 minutes in the smaller loaf pans.
Cool on a wire rack in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto the rack and cool further. When cool wrap the banana bread in heavy duty aluminum foil and leave in the fridge for a few days...it tastes better! Do not slice until cool.