Glühweinkuchen (Glühwein Cake)
Glühwein (Hot German Holiday Wine)
1 1/4 csugar
3/4 ccooking oil + 1/8 c
2 1/2 cflour + 3 tbsp
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 Tbspcocoa powder
3/4 cgerman chocolate (semi sweet) shaved
3/4 cglühwein +1/8 c
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspcaptain morgan rum (spiced)
FOR THE GLüHWEIN USE MY RECIPE FOR GLüHWEIN
How to Make Glühweinkuchen (Glühwein Cake)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Baking Sheet or 9 Cake Pan
Combine eggs and sugar. Using a mixer, beat egg mixture until it has tripled in volume. With the mixer going, drizzle in oil, then the Glühwein.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, chocolate pieces, and cinnamon.
- Prepare a cake pan by greasing it with butter or cooking spray. Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and distribute it evenly.
- Bake cake for about 45-55 minutes. Test cake for doneness by sticking the center with a toothpick - if it comes out clean, the cake is done; if it doesn't come out clean, bake the cake a few more minutes and retest.
- Remove cake from oven when its done and allow it to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, rum, and cinnamon. Drizzle over cake. Cut cake into squares before serving.
- It cooks really high, use a shallow baking pan. Use shaved or chocolate chunks and recommend putting in double what the recipe calls for. Tastes like gingerbread without the sticky molasses! ENJOY, with a mug of Glühwein!!!!