Glazed Orange Coconut Cake
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
3/4 cfinely shredded, unsweetened coconut
2 tspbaking powder
2 tspbaking soda
1 ccoconut milk
1/2 cvegetable oil
2eggs, room temperature
1 cfresh orange juice, about 4-5 oranges
1 Tbspfinely grated orange rind
2 cpowered sugar
1/4 cfresh orange juice, 1 orange
·toasted coconut chips (optional)
How to Make Glazed Orange Coconut Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and orange juice and rind.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and 1/4 cup fresh orange juice. If there are lumps, let glaze sit 30 minutes, until lumps dissolve.
- Pour glaze over completely cooled cake. Sprinkle top with coconut chips (if using).