Gingerbread Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
3/4 cbutter. divided
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed, divided
2 cpineapple, coarsely chopped. i used a 16 oz. can of crushed pineapple that i had
1 1/2 cflour
2 tspground ginger
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground cloves
3/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 chot water
How to Make Gingerbread Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in 10 in. cast iron skillet, or heavy ovenproof pan, over medium heat. Swirl melted butter to coat sides of pan.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup brown sugar, then add pineapple in one layer. Set aside.
- Stir together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the other 6 tablespoons of butter in a small pan.
Remove from the heat and stir in hot water, molasses and the 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Whisk in the egg.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mix. Stir until well blended. Gently pour over the pineapple in the skillet.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a round dish.
Serve warm or room temperature.