I know some the recipes are really lacking in some or all areas, but I am posting them as they are in the cookbook
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 csugar cookie mix
1 cmolasses, dark
3 ccake flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 csifted confectioners' sugar
2 tspgrated lemon rind
How to Make Gingerbread
Cream butter; add sugar and cream until light and smooth.
- Add molasses and beaten egg yolks; mix thoroughly.
- Sift flour; measure.
- Sift with salt, baking soda and spices.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Turn batter into well greased and floured mold or 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with Hard Sauce.
- HARD SAUCE:
Cream butter and sugar; add egg yolk, beating constantly.
- Blend in lemon rind.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg white; chill.
No name with this recipe.