GIFT IN A JAR Almond Joy Brownies
- 2 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder (wipe jar after this step)
- 1 1/4 c
- flaked coconut, sprinkled with 1 teaspoon almond extract and tossed to blend
- 3/4 c
- coarsely chopped whole almonds
- 1 1/4 c
- flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt
How to Make GIFT IN A JAR Almond Joy Brownies
- 1Layer ingredients in order given in a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- 2Attach the following instructions on a gift tag:
Almond Joy Brownies:
Makes 2 dozen brownies.
Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine (not diet), melted
4 eggs, slightly beaten
Mix until completely blended. Spread batter in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Cool completely in pan, then cut into 2-inch squares.