Get a Room & put out the Do Not Disturb Sign Cake
How to Make Get a Room & put out the Do Not Disturb Sign Cake
- 1preheat oven to 350 and spray bottom of 9 x 13 cake pan.
- 2make brownie mix according to package directions. Pour into bottom of cake pan.
- 3make cake mix according to package directions. Slowly pour over brownie mix. Use spatula or butter knife to "marble" the two mixes together. There is more cake mix so you will see more red but this is OK because it's chocolate on chocolate!
- 4spoon cherry pie filling over top of cake mix. Don't just pour it all in one spot, drop spoonfuls in various places because the weight of the cherries is going to make it sink into the batter.
- 5bake at 350 until done, this will be when an knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Because of the denseness of your cake it will take a while. I would set the timer for 30 minutes and start checking every 5 minutes after until it is done to your liking. It took my cake approximately 50 minutes to bake
- 6drizzle chocolate syrup over top. No other frosting should be needed.
- 7you will want to make sure to clean up your prep area right away because of the food coloring in the red velvet cake. Red dye makes a huge mess!