GERMAN SCHWARZWALDER KIRSCH
4chocolate, unsweetened squares
1 csifted cake flour
2 Tbspcherry kirsch (liquer)
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/3 creal butter
2 cdrained, sour cherries
2 Tbsppowdered sugar
1 cheavy cream, whipped
18 oz. semi sweet chocolate bar shaved
How to Make GERMAN SCHWARZWALDER KIRSCH
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together until thick and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
Alternately fold chocolate and flour into the egg mixture ending with flour.
Pour the batter into 3 (8inch) round cake pans that have been well greased.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Cool cakes in pan for 5 minutes: turn out onto racks to cool completely
- Make syrup by mixing sugar and water, boiling for 5 minutes. When syrup has cooled, stir in Kirsch. Prick the cake layers and pour syrup over all 3 layers.
- To make buttercream filling: beat together sugar and butter until well blendd.
Add egg yolk: beat until light and fluffy, fold in Kirsch
- To assemble Cake: Place 1 layer on cake plate. Spread with the buttercream filling.
Using 3/4 cup of drained cherries which you have patted dry, drop cherries evenly over cream.
Place second layer on cake, repeat.
Place third layer on top.
- Fold 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar into the whipped cream.
Cover sides and top of cake with whipped cream. Decorate top of cake with remaining 1/2 cup of cherries.
Top cake with the shaved chocolate.
Chill until serving time.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.