How to Make German Chocolate Cake Frosting
- 1In a heavy sauce pan, combine the evaporated milk, maple syrup, egg yolks, butter and vanilla.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and is golden brown. About 12 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, beat with a wire whisk until cooled, and stir in coconut and chopped pecans.
- 4Bake the chocolate cake according to direction.You will need two layers.
- 5Spread 1 cup of the frosting over the bottom layer.
Top with second layer and frost with remaining frosting.
- 6Refrigerate cake for one hour before serving.