Genna's Pumpkin Wonderland Cake
My brother begs me bake it every chance I get and he doesn't even like pumpkin!!
The Maple Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting is just...OH MY GOODIES.
ENJOY!!!! :) I love this cake and I hope you will, too!
- 3 c
- all purpose flour - for cake
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - for cake
- 1/2 tsp
- salt - for cake
- 3/4 c
- butter, unsalted (softened) - for cake
- 2 c
- granulated sugar - for cake
- large eggs - for cake
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract - for cake
- 1 can(s)
- pumpkin - for cake
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil - for cake
- 1 c
- milk - for cake
- 12 oz
- cream cheese (softened) for frosting
- 3/4 c
- butter, unsalted - for frosting
- 3 Tbsp
- pure maple syrup - for frosting
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract - for frosting
- 2 tsp
- cinnamon - for frosting
- 6 c
- powdered sugar - for frosting
How to Make Genna's Pumpkin Wonderland Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 3, 8 or 9 inch cake pans. I use baking spray.
- 2In large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- 3In a big bowl, cream butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla, pumpkin, and vegetable oil. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk. (Batter may be a little lumpy).
- 4Divide batter evenly into greased pans. Bake 35 - 40 minutes.
- 5Remove the pans from oven and immediately place them in the freezer for 40 minutes. This keeps the cake moist.
In a BIG bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in maple syrup, vanilla amd cinnamon. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then beat on high until frosting is smooth.
- 7Put a thick layer of frosting in between each layer and ENJOY!! :)