Game Day Chocolate Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 ccake flour
2 1/2 Tbspcocoa, unsweetened
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 stickbutter, unsalted and more for coating the baking dish
4 ozdark chocolate bar, cut into small pieces
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 chot water
1 1/2 Tbspcrushed sliced almonds
How to Make Game Day Chocolate Cake
- Butter an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Shift together cocoa powder, flour and baking powder over a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, put 1 stick of butter and melt over medium heat. Stir in granulated sugar and hot water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and add chocolate pieces and keep stirring to melt chocolate. When the chocolate melts, pour the mixture into the flour mixture bowl. Mix to combine.
- Put the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Arrange dried apricots on top then place 1 slice almond on each apricot and sprinkle the crushed sliced almonds over the top. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool on a rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in a refrigerator for at least half day.
- To serve, take the cake out of the refrigerator and cut the cake into 12 pieces