Game Day Chocolate Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3/4 c
- cake flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted and more for coating the baking dish
- 4 oz
- dark chocolate bar, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- hot water
- dried apricots
- sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- crushed sliced almonds
How to Make Game Day Chocolate Cake
- 1Butter an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- 2Shift together cocoa powder, flour and baking powder over a large bowl.
- 3In a saucepan, put 1 stick of butter and melt over medium heat. Stir in granulated sugar and hot water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Reduce heat to low and add chocolate pieces and keep stirring to melt chocolate. When the chocolate melts, pour the mixture into the flour mixture bowl. Mix to combine.
- 5Put the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Arrange dried apricots on top then place 1 slice almond on each apricot and sprinkle the crushed sliced almonds over the top. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool on a rack.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and chill in a refrigerator for at least half day.
- 7To serve, take the cake out of the refrigerator and cut the cake into 12 pieces