1 1/3 cmilk
2 tspbaking powder
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspvanilla extract
·powdered sugar, for dusting
·oil for frying
·whipped cream, chocolate sauce, fresh sliced fruits or preserves for topping
How to Make Funnel Cakes
- Lightly beat the eggs and then whisk in milk and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to milk mixture, beat til smooth.
- Heat oil in frying pan to 375 degrees. (Make sure oil is heated enough or batter or will not cook quickly enough to retain shape)
- Using a standard kitchen funnel with a 1/2" hole, drizzle the batter quickly onto the hot oil, spiralling the batter placement so that you have a circular web of dough.
- Fry for 45 seconds or til brown , then flip and fry the underside til evenly brown.
- Remove the cake from the oil and let drain on a paper towel.
- Dust with powdered sugar and then load with the toppings of your choice - enjoy!