- eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- oil for frying
- whipped cream, chocolate sauce, fresh sliced fruits or preserves for topping
How to Make Funnel Cakes
- 1Lightly beat the eggs and then whisk in milk and vanilla.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together.
- 3Gradually add dry ingredients to milk mixture, beat til smooth.
- 4Heat oil in frying pan to 375 degrees. (Make sure oil is heated enough or batter or will not cook quickly enough to retain shape)
- 5Using a standard kitchen funnel with a 1/2" hole, drizzle the batter quickly onto the hot oil, spiralling the batter placement so that you have a circular web of dough.
- 6Fry for 45 seconds or til brown , then flip and fry the underside til evenly brown.
- 7Remove the cake from the oil and let drain on a paper towel.
- 8Dust with powdered sugar and then load with the toppings of your choice - enjoy!