Fudge Pound Cake
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 3/4 cgranulated sugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 3/4 call-purpose flour
2/3 ccocoa powder, unsweetened
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 csour cream
6 ozmini semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
How to Make Fudge Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- Blend one-third of flour mixture into butter mixture; then 1/3 cup Sour Cream. Alternate until ingredients are incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate as a garnish.