Fudge Lover's Cream Cheese Cake
She is one step a head of me by adding chocolate chips and nuts, darn her..lol!
These would also be great as cupcakes! YUM..
Picture is from Betty Crocker.
1 boxbetty crocker supermoist yellow or devils food cake mix
1 box4 ounce, instant chocolate pudding
1 chot water
3/4 cvegetable oil
1 pkg8 ounce cream cheese softened
1/2 csemisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cchopped nuts, if desired
1container of (1 pound) betty crocker rich and creamy vanilla or chocolate frosting
How to Make Fudge Lover's Cream Cheese Cake
- heat over to 350 degrees (or for dark pan 325) Spray bottom only of 13X9 inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer n low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 egg on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over top of batter. Using table knife, swirl filling through batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread frosting over cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
- LYNN'S TIP: This recipe would be great maked into cupcakes. Follow recipe only split batter and filling into 20-24 cupcake liners in muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes. Frost with knife or use decorator's bag and swirl frosting with a decorator's tip. sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and nuts, if desired
As for putting cream cheese filling into cupcakes and swirling..it says above to add 1 tablespoon all over the cake batter; for cupcakes I would use about 1/2 Tablespoon per cupcake..eyeball it to make sure you split the cream cheese mixture to be able to get enough on each cupcake.