☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
5 tspespresso or strong coffee
6 largeeggs, separated, room temperature
1 call purpose flour
How to Make Fudge Cake
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 9" springform pan.
- Dust pan with flour and tap out excess.
- In top of double boiler over hot, not simmering water, melt together espresso and chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and cool until tepid.
- In large bowl, using hand-held electric mixer set at medium high speed, cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add egg yolks to mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in flour.
- In large grease-free bowl, using hand-held mixer at medium high speed, beat egg whites until they form stiff, shiny peaks.
- Fold 1/4 of the whites into chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Then fold in remaining whites.
- Fold in butter and flour mixture.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 60 to 70 minutes or until top is crusty and cracked and the middle is still slightly moist.
- Remove cake to wire rack to cool completely.
- Remove sides of springform pan and transfer cake to serving plate.
- If desired, place doily on top of cake and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Remove doily to form pattern.