Fruitcake - Ever So Easy!
- 2 1/2 c
- unsifted flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 28 oz
- jar of rum or brandy mincemeat
- 14 oz
- sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c
- candied fruit
- 1 can(s)
- coarsely chopped pecans
How to Make Fruitcake - Ever So Easy!
- 1Preheat oven to 300°.
Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan, or spray with PAM that has flour already in it, like Baker's Joy.
- 2Combine the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- 4Blend the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stirring well. The batter will be VERY stiff. Just continue to work it in, until all is moistened and well-blended.
- 5Turn the batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- 6Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Test doneness with a wooden pick or a strand of spaghetti. Don't overbake! ... it will dry out your cake.
- 7Allow to cool in the Bundt pan for a good 15 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- 8Glaze and garnish cake as desired. I sometimes pour an orange juice glaze over it; it gives it a nice glossy sheen and helps seal in the cake's moisture. For Orange Juice Glaze: In a small saucepan, mix together 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir well to dissolve sugar, while bringing to a boil. Allow mixture to stay at a soft boil for about a minute or more. Remove from heat and set aside. Mixture will thicken a bit as it cools. Use a pastry brush to paint the glaze onto the cake, thereby sealing in the cake's moisture.
- 9When completely cooled, store fruitcake in a cake storer that has a nice, tight seal, so cake will stay moist.