Frosted Pumpkin Gingerbread Flan Cake
It is beautiful and delicious!
Serves 12 - 16 people, depending on how you slice it ... so it goes a long way!
- 1 box
- [14-oz.] gingerbread cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- [use a spice cake mix, if gingerbread mix isn't available]
- 1 small
- pkg instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3/4 c
- cold milk
- 1 can(s)
- [15 oz.] solid pack pumpkin
- 12 oz
- cool whip - divided usage
- 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Frosted Pumpkin Gingerbread Flan Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two flan pans evenly with PAM or Baker's Joy.
NOTE, if you don't have non-stick flan pans - For a little extra insurance that the cakes turn out of the pans smoothly after baking, do this: spray the pans w/ PAM, then cut out circles of parchment paper or waxed paper, the size of the inner flan. Spray the top of the parchment paper after anchoring it in the flan. This center section is your thinnest part of the finished cake, so this is just extra insurance that it won't stick and fall apart when you release it from the pan later on.