FROSTED ORANGE CHIFFON CAKE W/ORANGE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Jo Anne Sugimoto
2 largeeggs, separated
1 1/3 csugar, divided
1 3/4 ccake flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 tspgrated orange peel
1/2 corange juice
1/2 csour cream
ORANGE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
1 cbutter, room temperature
2/3 corange marmalade
3 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbspheavy cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tsporange zest
How to Make FROSTED ORANGE CHIFFON CAKE W/ORANGE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 2 - 8-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and flour.
- Beat egg whites with 1/3 cup of sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until thick and glossy but not stiff. Transfer to another bowl.
- Combine cake flour, remaining 1 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the orange peel, orange juice, milk, sour cream and egg yolks.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bottom and sides of bowl often.
- Fold egg whites into batter just until blended.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, do toothpick test and if it comes out clean and if the center springs back when gently pressed, removed to a wire rack.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pans and cool completely.
- ORANGE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- Beat butter till creamy.
- Beat in orange marmalade.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract and orange zest, mix well, until you get the correct consistency for frosting.
- Place one cake layer top side down onto a cake platter. Spread the top with frosting. Top with second cake layer.
- Frost sides and top of cake.