Fresh Peach & Cherry Cobbler
I noticed the peaches and cherries weren't being eaten as quickly as normal. (The son was away from home) This inspired me to find a creative way to get rid of some! Hope you enjoy!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Once you try this cobbler, each year you will anxiously await peach and cherry season. And it will be worth the wait ... because this cobbler is that good! Sweet, tart and oh so tasty! The Test Kitchen
4 cfresh peaches (peeled and sliced thickly)
2 cfresh bing cherries (pitted & halved)
1 stickreal unsalted butter ( or 8 tablespoons)
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cmilk
1 cbrown sugar
How to Make Fresh Peach & Cherry Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the Peaches, Cherries, Brown sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Reserve a half cup of liquid.
- Put the butter in a 9x13 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- In a bowl sift sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly whisk in milk & half cup of the reserved peach/cherry liquid to dry ingredients.
- Pour mixture over melted butter in your baking dish. Do not stir.
- With a slotted spoon, put fruit on top evenly then gently pour the remaining liquid over the top of the fruit.
- Sprinkle the top of the fruit with cinnamon if using.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until crust has risen to the top and is golden. *Tip* Place a pan under your dish just in case any juices want to escape!
- Optionally you can sprinkle sugar over the top of the crust. (My Gram always use to)
- Enjoy warm with a nice scoop of ice cream, or let it cool down in the fridge. =)