Fresh Peach & Cherry Cobbler
I noticed the peaches and cherries weren't being eaten as quickly as normal. (The son was away from home) This inspired me to find a creative way to get rid of some! Hope you enjoy!
- 4 c
- fresh peaches (peeled and sliced thickly)
- 2 c
- fresh bing cherries (pitted & halved)
- 1/2 c
- 1 stick
- real unsalted butter ( or 8 tablespoons)
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- salt (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
How to Make Fresh Peach & Cherry Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine the Peaches, Cherries, Brown sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- 3Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Reserve a half cup of liquid.
- 4Put the butter in a 9x13 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- 5In a bowl sift sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- 6Slowly whisk in milk & half cup of the reserved peach/cherry liquid to dry ingredients.
- 7Pour mixture over melted butter in your baking dish. Do not stir.
- 8With a slotted spoon, put fruit on top evenly then gently pour the remaining liquid over the top of the fruit.
- 9Sprinkle the top of the fruit with cinnamon if using.
- 10Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until crust has risen to the top and is golden. *Tip* Place a pan under your dish just in case any juices want to escape!
- 11Optionally you can sprinkle sugar over the top of the crust. (My Gram always use to)
- 12Enjoy warm with a nice scoop of ice cream, or let it cool down in the fridge. =)