Fresh Peach & Cherry Cobbler
I noticed the peaches and cherries weren't being eaten as quickly as normal. (The son was away from home) This inspired me to find a creative way to get rid of some! Hope you enjoy!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Once you try this cobbler, each year you will anxiously await peach and cherry season. And it will be worth the wait ... because this cobbler is that good! Sweet, tart and oh so tasty! The Test Kitchen
- 4 c
- fresh peaches (peeled and sliced thickly)
- 2 c
- fresh bing cherries (pitted & halved)
- 1/2 c
- 1 stick
- real unsalted butter ( or 8 tablespoons)
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- salt (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
How to Make Fresh Peach & Cherry Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine the Peaches, Cherries, Brown sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- 3Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Reserve a half cup of liquid.
- 4Put the butter in a 9x13 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- 5In a bowl sift sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- 6Slowly whisk in milk & half cup of the reserved peach/cherry liquid to dry ingredients.
- 7Pour mixture over melted butter in your baking dish. Do not stir.
- 8With a slotted spoon, put fruit on top evenly then gently pour the remaining liquid over the top of the fruit.
- 9Sprinkle the top of the fruit with cinnamon if using.
- 10Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until crust has risen to the top and is golden. *Tip* Place a pan under your dish just in case any juices want to escape!
- 11Optionally you can sprinkle sugar over the top of the crust. (My Gram always use to)
- 12Enjoy warm with a nice scoop of ice cream, or let it cool down in the fridge. =)