Fresh Fruit Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- cornstarch, sifted
- 1.5 c
- orange juice
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- orange peel, grated
- 1 tsp
- lemon peel, grated
- 1/4 tsp
- salt, optional
- 1 pkg
- cake mix, angel food
- 3 medium
- 1 pt
- 1 c
How to Make Fresh Fruit Cake
- 1About 2 hours before serving or early in the day, prepare fruit sauce: In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, mix orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, orange peel, lemon peel and salt.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils; boil 1 minute.
- 3Cover saucepan and refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is chilled.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375.
- 5Line 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly-roll pan (I use my roasting pan) with waxed paper; grease paper.
- 6Prepare angel food cake mix as label directs, but spread batter evenly in prepared jelly-roll pan.
- 7Bake cake 20 minutes or until golden.
- 8Cover large wire rack with sheet of waxed paper.
- 9When cake is done, with small spatula, loosen it from sides of pan; invert onto waxed paper on rack.
- 10Lift off pan; peel off paper.
- 11Cool cake completely, then return to clean jelly-roll pan or large tray; cover cake if not using right away.
- 12To serve: Spread top of cake with about half of chilled fruit sauce.
- 13Slice peaches and strawberries; arrange peaches, strawberries, and blueberries on cake, brush fruit with remaining fruit sauce.