Fresh Fruit Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1.5 corange juice
1 tsporange peel, grated
1 tsplemon peel, grated
1/4 tspsalt, optional
1 pkgcake mix, angel food
How to Make Fresh Fruit Cake
- About 2 hours before serving or early in the day, prepare fruit sauce: In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, mix orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, orange peel, lemon peel and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils; boil 1 minute.
- Cover saucepan and refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is chilled.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375.
- Line 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly-roll pan (I use my roasting pan) with waxed paper; grease paper.
- Prepare angel food cake mix as label directs, but spread batter evenly in prepared jelly-roll pan.
- Bake cake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cover large wire rack with sheet of waxed paper.
- When cake is done, with small spatula, loosen it from sides of pan; invert onto waxed paper on rack.
- Lift off pan; peel off paper.
- Cool cake completely, then return to clean jelly-roll pan or large tray; cover cake if not using right away.
- To serve: Spread top of cake with about half of chilled fruit sauce.
- Slice peaches and strawberries; arrange peaches, strawberries, and blueberries on cake, brush fruit with remaining fruit sauce.