Fresh Apple Pound Cake
Cake will store nicely and is better the day after baking when all flavors have mellowed. Serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or simply slice and eat with coffee or milk. Enjoy!
2 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 cwesson oil
3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 Tbspvanilla flavoring
1 cfinely chopped pecans
3 ccoarsely chopped apples
1 clight brown sugar
How to Make Fresh Apple Pound Cake
- Cream together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla flavoring
- In separate bowl sift flour, Baking soda and salt. Stir in pecans and apples and coat with flour mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients and egg mixture together and pour in greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 90 minutes in pre-heated 325 degree oven.
- During last five minutes of baking melt 1/2 stick butter in saucepan, add brown sugar and buttermilk.
- Boil over medium heat for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes being careful not to burn.
- When cake is done remove cake from oven and pour the butter, brown sugar and buttermilk sauce over the hot cake. Allow sauce to soak into cake while cake cools.
- When cake is cooled remove from pan and place on cake plate to serve.